July 14, 2016
Summer is smile time. There are vacations, weekend outings with family and friends and more free time to just relax and hang out. To make sure your smile looks good, you should consider teeth whitening. At Lifetime Dental Health, we offer two different types of teeth whitening Windham, ME, residents can choose—one will certainly fit your schedule and your budget.
If your smile isn’t as white as it used to be, then you are like millions of others. As we age, maintaining a perfectly white smile can be something of a challenge. There are both genetic factors and environmental factors that can stain and discolor your teeth. Some of these include:
- Foods and beverages that so many of us enjoy nearly every day, such as coffee and tea, summer berries, red wine, and chocolate
- Smoking and chewing tobacco
- Genetics—our teeth are programmed to be slightly yellow, brown or gray in color and this becomes more pronounced as we age
- Traumatic injury that darkens a tooth internally
- Cracks and chips in your teeth that trap stain-causing bits of food
- Bruxism (teeth grinding and clenching) that darkens the biting surfaces of your teeth
- Certain medications, such as the antibiotic tetracycline as well as some kinds of chemotherapy and radiation treatment
Regardless of the reason why your smile isn’t white anymore, Lifetime Dental Health can help with teeth whitening in Windham.
In-Office Teeth Whitening
If you have a special occasion this summer such as a wedding or a high school reunion, then you’ll want to whiten your teeth as quickly as possible. In this case, we offer in-office teeth whitening. Our professional grade whitening gel penetrates deep inside your teeth to remove stains on the enamel surface as well as discoloration in the dentin layer. After just one treatment, your smile will be several shades whiter.
Take Home Teeth Whitening
On the other hand, if you’re not in a hurry and your busy doesn’t allow for even one more appointment, then choose our take home whitening system. With this, you’ll be given customized mouth trays that you’ll fill with the whitening solution we provide. Worn each night for a specified length of time, the gel filled trays will go to work immediately removing unsightly stains. The course of treatment usually takes about two weeks.
Call Our Office Today
In Windham, teeth whitening is readily available for you at Lifetime Dental Health. Contact our office today to schedule an appointment.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.